Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, July 31, 2026

More Mothra doodles...

 "Rainbow Mothra - Rebirth"
(Size: 8x10", Oils on Linen Panel)   Price: $ 450.00 
I'm a bit behind in posting the more recent art I've done, which includes a pseudo Celtic queen, a 1920s siren, and a couple of rocket doodles. However, I decided to post the most recent 'Mothra Doodles' that I painted for G-Fest this month. Still using the 'rocket doodle method' of wet in wet paint and brushiness that are typical of my painted 'doodles', I had a bit of fun with them. Suprisingly, they both turned out rather 3D looking. And as from the easel shot photos I took of the in progress works during the tiny time frame I had to create them, you'll see that I worked up the backgrounds at the same time. Had to use up the blue paint that somehow ended up being more on the palette than I truly needed. Still, it was fun to just play. This painting was meant to be a 6x8" piece, but after drawing it in the same sized sketchbook (see below), I thought it needed more room to 'breathe'. Hence, the upgrade in size. I have been wanting to paint larval Mothra again for awhile now, and the teeeeeeny reference photo snagged my interest, but I had to go look for a more defined delineation of larval Mothra's body in that particular scene just to make sure all of the nebulous shadows were shaping something negligible. Fortunately, the art of/making of books the Japanese lovingly put out contain construction drawings for the final designs...and it's been quite a while since I sat and watched the Rebirth of Mothra movies. Thinking I should correct that sometime soon, though. Anyway, these are the two completed pieces and their creation. Hope you like them. 

"Mothra Reborn"
(Size: 6x8", Oils on Linen Panel)  Price: $ 350.00 

 

Painting the backgrounds together on two of my tiny 12" easels...

You can just see larval Mothra painting peeking out from behind Rainbow Mothra. One thing can be said about working so small, is that you can move the easels around quite easily. 


And there was STILL a fair amount of blue paint left on the palette... 

Thanks for stopping by,
Cheers, 
Marianne 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home