Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, January 5, 2007

Day 1

Jaunty Spider Conch
(6x8", Oil) Price: $100.00
Well this is the first of my 'Painting a Day' series. It's a 6x8" oil sketch of a Violet Spider Conch sporting a snipped off peacock feather. I'd had this composition idea for twenty-four hours before I actually set it up to paint - from life. That was a big hurdle for me: steeling myself to do this. It took about two hours of noodling paint around and getting comfortable with it. I deliberately did NOT want to overwork it, so it kind of looks a bit rough. I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out, though. Kind of looks like a lady's spiffy hat, hence the title.
Lessons learned:
1. This can work if I just let myself 'go with it'.
2. Even roughly finished paintings have their charm.
3. Big brushes and little boards can be a lot of fun.

See you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home