Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, October 29, 2010

Another Robot Doggie...

"Bird Dog"
(Oil, 12x12")  Price: $600.00   SOLD

Ever since I spotted little Robot Rover, I've wanted to paint him. He's cute, vivacious and funny...just like a real puppy. In this picture a bird is trying to make off with his tail, thinking that it is a giant juicy berry. Rover is entranced and thinks it is a new game. I painted this in close up so the ingenuousness of Rover comes out front and centre. Of course the bird is a Black-Capped Chickadee - one of nature's brave little spirits. 
Here is Rover admiring his portrait during the painting process...and yes, he did make sure I got all of his spots and dots right. 

With the paint left on the palette, I decided to paint another bird and came up with this little Scarlet Tanager. I haven't taken to him as much as the previous bird painting, unfortunately...

"Scarlet"
(Oil, 4x5")    Price: $85.00  SOLD
That's it for this week. I have drawn up the next canvas...'Mechanized Harvest' is finally taking shape. Although it won't be finished for Illuxcon III in November, I'll try to paint a few more smaller works to add to the collection I'm showing. 

Back soon,
Marianne

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home