Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Space Station Epics...

Starborn Station
(8x10", Oils on Linen)   Price: $250.00 SOLD
 Making a change from plain rocketship doodles, I created these two paintings to add to my display at a recent show. I love noodling nebulae in oil paint. The first one, 'Starborn Station' depicts one of my little space stations against a nursery of stars swirling colourfully in the night sky. Hence, the name 'Starborn'. I can see scientists living and working on the station, earnestly studying why, where, and how stars are born...waking every morning to that spectacular view.


Blue Horizons
(8x10", Oils on Linen)  Price: $300.00 
 I've been wanting to paint 'blue space' again for quite some time, now. Saw a space photo in a magazine and went... "I can do something with that". Bit of tweaking, bit of colour saturation in layering French Ultramarine, Pthalo Turquoise, and Cobalt Blues came up nicely. I added the rocket to give it balance and purpose. The title, 'Blue Horizons' is self-explanatory. What a view to wake up to!


My palette encompassed the usual suspects, along with the extra blues in Blue Horizons:  French Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Red Light, Alizarin Crimson, Titanium White, Yellow Ochre.  Paint brushes included a few size 0 and 1 rounds, a half inch Wedge Flat, a size 6 Filbert, and a big fluffy blending brush, and an itty bitty ragged round blending brush.

There is much more to post. I have been slack in posting the new Rover paintings and bird paintings, but I plead a crushing schedule this last four months. Will add new paintings soon. 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cheers,
Marianne

8 Comments:

Blogger ridgegal said...

Lovely BLUE HORIZONS painting. Is it still for sale?

May 3, 2018 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi!
Yes it is. :-) I have a last varnish on it to complete, but doesn't take long. And it is framed.

May 4, 2018 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger ridgegal said...


That is great news!
What type of frame is it in and how quickly can you ship it to California?

May 5, 2018 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger ridgegal said...

That is great news!
What type of frame is it in and how quickly can you ship it to California?

May 5, 2018 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

It's in a plain black frame about an inch and half wide all round. It can be shipped, probably by USPS Priority mail the same day or next after payment has been received. :-)

May 5, 2018 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger ridgegal said...

Do you accept Paypal?

May 7, 2018 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi, yes. If you want to continue this conversation by email, my email address is: mothra2k@cox.net or you can give me your email address and I can contact you. :-)

I did not realize that my email contact on this site wasn't active. For that, I apologize.

May 7, 2018 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

HI Ridgegal,
I have not heard from you. I don't know if your email got through to me or not. Thanks.

May 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home