Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, January 8, 2007

Day 4

Wave Study - Nausset Beach
(4x6", Oil) Price: $75.00
Last year, Bob and I spent three days at a little hotel right on Nausset Beach at Cape Cod. The tourists had left and it was nice to get a bit of peace and quiet, and some peace of mind. Better yet, remnants of a hurricane caused some mighty spectacular waves down on the beach. We scurried down with our gear - me with a sketch book and Bob with his paint box. Okay, I'm inexperienced and nervous at painting in public, but Bob's fearless. He painted two canvasses that day - one in the afternoon and one in the evening. I watched wave patterns and sketched them. I also took lots of photos.

This little study is from one repetitive curlicue wave pattern that I loved. The photo's I took were a great back up to my sketches. Anyway, it's 4x6" and was a joy to paint.

Lessons learned:

1. Paint more water scenes.
2. Big brushes don't always work on teeny canvasses - but Filberts rule!

See you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home