Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tufted Titmouse

"Balancing Act"
(Oil, 4x5")  Price: $110.00
Finally finished this little Tufted Titmouse. I started him the week we left to go to Illuxcon III in the Pennsylvania highlands. I sold all but one of my little bird paintings there so I now have to repopulated my study wall with new friends. This is my first Tufted Titmouse. He's clinging to a grass stem in a light breeze, so he really is in a balancing act to stay there. 

Palette included: Gold Ochre, Raw Umber, Cadmium Orange Hue, Titanium White, Cadmium Lemon, Sap Green, French Ultramarine, and Raw Sienna. Brushes were few but included: #6 and #2 Rounds and a #2 Flat. 

Currently on the easel is MECHANIZED HARVEST...another tin toy robot painting.

Cheers
Marianne

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home