Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A New Bird Painting...

English Robin
(6x6", Oil on Stretched Linen)   Price: $ 180.00  SOLD

I painted this little bird at Illuxcon 5 at Altoona, Pennsylvania two weeks ago. A public demo in fact. I seem to be getting better at painting in public, even though I spent the first half of my life deathly afraid of public performance of any nature. I guess we all grow up and outgrow certain things. Anyway, this is my little English Robin...aka Robin Red Breast... and he was a joy to paint. The subtleties of his brushy feathers are a bit lost in this photo, and the whites have muddied slightly. Sorry about that. I toyed with the details on Photoshop, but to no avail. I'll try again another time.

Meanwhile, this is me, using my little Guerrilla Painter Box again. I love that box. Everyone else in the show was painting large canvases with complicated subjects...presumably, some of the artists brought their day job to Illuxcon so they wouldn't miss out any work time on them. Mind you, I got asked so many times during the weekend, about 'did I finish my bird painting?' and 'is it for sale?' that I think half of the convention attendees must have stopped by to watch me work. That's entirely too flattering for words, considering how many Art Gods and Art Godlets were showing the most gorgeous paintings in the same hall.



I will probably paint a few more little birds in the coming weeks. They are a joy to do, and I have a stack more little linen canvases to work my way through.

Thanks for dropping by.
Cheers,
Marianne

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr Teufel said...

He's lovely.

November 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Kai Price said...

My girlfriend bought this painting at Arisia. She is still doubting herself for not also bidding up your other small bird paintings there, all of which also sold. But I told her that hopefully you will make more soon, some of which might make it to Arisia next year. Nice framing job too, by the way.

January 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Thanks, Kai. I only have one more little bird painting left: a Tufted Titmouse...but he wasn't framed properly, so I'm holding him back till Boskone next month, at least. I'm sure I'll be painting more birds along the way this year...and will remember to bring a few to ARISIA 2014. I'm so glad your girlfriend liked them.
Cheers,
Marianne

January 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home