Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lost in Nature...

Further on the theme of lost technology in nature that I used in a previous painting, SLEEPERS, here is a slightly more truncated idea....TELLING SECRETS. The little Yellow Warbler is singing or talking into the ear bud of the buried, rusted robot. I considered several titles for a time when I was developing this idea, but one seemed to settle into the back of my mind. I watch old Mission Impossible episodes when I'm working on my computer or sewing, among other things, and in one episode, Cinnamon Carter tells her 'husband' - "Not now, darling. We're telling secrets." I've seen the episode many times, and the idea stuck. So here is my version of TELLING SECRETS...

Telling Secrets
(Oil, 11x14" on canvas board)  Price: $600.00  SOLD


Below is the original drawing for this painting. It was a lot of fun to create...

 Telling Secrets - Drawing
(Pencil on paper, 9x12", Matted)  Price: $65.00

My painting techniques haven't changed much. I still like to use a limited palette: Burnt Sienna, French Ultramarine, Titanium White, Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Red Medium, Sap Green, Yellow Ochre and a tiny touch of Pthalo Blue. The brush sizes occasionally differ, but the big fluffy blending brushes are always to hand.

I really enjoyed painting this one, and I have more along the same theme planned for next year.
Thanks for stopping by...
Cheers,
Mariane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home