Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, October 11, 2012

ROVER SNAPSHOTS

I found a whole heap of 6x6" stretched linen canvases on sale at our art store a few months back and couldn't resist buying a good quantity of them for future projects. I stashed them away and spent time mulling over what I could paint on them: birds, small robot paintings, tiny fantasies, sleek pointy rocket ships, etc. came to mind. All hummed with possibility. However, what rose to the surface were memories of the photos that friends and acquaintances kept posting on Facebook: goofy snapshots of their dogs and cats and birds, etc. Sometimes even spiders. And since I have too many allergies to ever have pets of my own, I live vicariously through other people's pets and pet photos. So while I can't post photos of MY pets, I can paint and post some of my favourite little robot doggie and his friends. Here are some of my robo-dog Rover snapshots...

Rover and Chickadee Snapshot
(6x6", Oil on stretched Linen)  PRICE:  $160.00  SOLD

 

Rover and Indigo Bunting Snapshot
(6x6", Oil on stretched Linen)  PRICE: $160.00  SOLD

Stay tuned for more snapshot paintings containing Rover, and some paintings that don't.
Thanks for stopping by...
Cheers,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home