Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Red Saturn...

"Darkside Run"
(Oil, 5x10")    Price: $120.00  SOLD
This is the second latest dabble with a red palette for a Saturn idea. I kind of like the diagonals going on in this composition: almost like the accelerating rocket is using Saturn's dark side like a spring board. An arrow  taking flight into the unknown. 

The palette is the same as the previous painting, AWAY...and the joy in painting it was just as unique. However, the Cadmium colours took their time drying like they usually do. 

Cheers,
Marianne

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home