Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A new rocket painting...

"AWAY"
(6x7", Oil)    Price:  $120.00  SOLD


I love this colour combination for my Saturn paintings. As if the planet is born of fire instead of gleaming in the dead cold darkness of space. Of course there is the pointy rocket ship in flight, soaring...away.  I never seem to paint these rockets at rest on a planet surface but instead, roaring away on a chosen trajectory. I'm not sure why I prefer them flying, but it feels like a surety and a freedom of one day going 'out there' to see what's beyond our limited reach. I was born reaching for the stars...but I won't get there in my lifetime. I like to think that our children's children's children might rise to the challenge instead...

The palette used in this painting contained the usual suspects: Cadmium Orange Hue, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Titanium White, Cadmium Red Light, French Ultramarine, and Burnt Sienna. Of the brushes used: a 1/2" Flat, a 1/2" Filbert, a #6 Round, and a #2 Round. And of course a big fluffy blending brush and a worn and ragged old Round to blend small, tight areas.

There is another rocket painting drying and awaiting photography. I'll post that next.
Thanks for stopping by,
Cheers,
Marianne

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home