Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, August 12, 2011

Red Robo Doggie strikes again!


"Fetch and Run"
(Oil, 12x12")   Price: $600.00

I started this back in June with an idea and a drawing. Drew up the canvas, ready to paint...and then stopped. Life and other obligations got in the way. However, two weeks ago I realised that I had to finish this little guy so my creative flow could move forward...and have something new to show at the upcoming World Science Fiction Convention art show next week in Reno, NV. Rover is such an engaging little tyke, and the ideas just pop into my head like he was a real puppy. So, here is 'Fetch and Run'...the latest addition to my 'Birds 'n' Bots' series. There are more to come, including tin toy robots and more serious epics. Illuxcon 4 approaches...and I must paint more.

Here is an easel shot before I started painting. Blue and Rover decided to re-enact their chase for the photo.  Notice the drawing off to the right of the easel. I will be selling that and other robot sketches at Illuxcon...


I'll be posting some more rocket doodles on the weekend.
Thanks for stopping by,
Cheers,
Marianne

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home