Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Different Robot Point of View...


Private Audience
(12x12", Oil on stretched canvas, Framed)  
Price: $600.00  SOLD
Things have been incredibly busy this year, and this is the first painting for the year. And I find it almost embarrassing that it's September already. To bring some new inspiration, I bought myself a few new friends. Sparky here, is one of them. I'd been looking for a robot to bring this idea to life and Sparky proved the winner. Unfortunately, this photo doesn't do the original painting justice...and has lost some of its luminosity. However, I love the result just the same.

I did not stray far from my regular palette. Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Lemon, a tiny touch of Cobalt Blue, and the usual suspects of Titanium White, Alizarin Crimson, French Ultramarine, and Burnt Sienna.

I have the feeling that Sparky will appear in future paintings, but for the moment, this is his grand debut.

Thanks for stopping by,
Cheers,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home