Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, March 13, 2008

And another rocket...

Swooping
(11x14", Oil) Price: $175.00 SOLD

Here is another pointy rocket idea. I fell in love with John Harris' way of working oils and some of his romantic looking hard science fiction paintings. So I tried one of my own. Unfortunately, a lot of the viridian and pure cerulean tones have been lost to the digital camera. It tries its best, but often fails to reproduce these colours with any true accuracy. I mourn for the kodakchrome expertise of a dying technology: real film. Our local photographic lab has produced no better when it comes to taking photos of our art, because they themselves now only deal in digital photography. Needless to say, we don't visit them much anymore.

Meanwhile, I've been giving thought to my rockets and balloon ships (yes, there is another one), and I think I've figured them out. The rocket ship and the balloon ship represent 'me' - or at least my dreams and goals. So I'll keep painting them, where-ever they take me...

Cheers,
Marianne


2 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

I like your rockets very much, they really do have that feeling of the 1950's/60's sci-fi covers (in the good old days when cover artists really had to be fairly accomplished draughtspeople).

March 13, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Gretel!

Thanks so much. I've been enjoying painting them a lot. I get to do lots of loose brushy bits and clouds. :-D My husband, Bob, actually has painted some of those retro rockets as covers for magazines and books. Knows his space knowledge very well too.

BTW, I loved your interview. We Cancerians are a crafty creative lot, and some of us are loners, too. Would not go back to my school years, for quids. :-D

Thanks for stopping by,
CHeers,
Marianne

March 13, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home