Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Reach II

REACH II
(9X12", Oil) Price: $175.00 SOLD
Welcome to the New Year 2008.
Things got way too busy as we neared the end of 2007, and I managed to work myself into exhaustion. We travelled; I cooked my end of year gifts to send to friends and family around the country; and I spent a lot of time helping midwife a dinosaur children's picture book, along with my husband and a friend, Cortney Skinner. I wrote the book back in November, and the boys are currently illustrating it. It is called "If Dinosaurs Lived in My Town" and will be out Spring 2009, from Sterling Publishing, via Hollan Publishing. Since I'm the techie of the family, I've been liasing with the publisher and constantly transmitting illustrations between Bob and Cort, as well as taking care of other business. This week I decided to stop helping everybody else and do something for myself for a bit. The results are some small paintings with pointy rocket ships in them. In Reach II, I revisited the colour scheme and style for my previous smaller painting, Reach, which I painted last year. It seemed like a good place to start since I hadn't painted since last August. I hope you like the result. Stay tuned for further painted explorations...
From now on, this blog isn't going to be about doing a painting a day. I proved that I could hang in there and accomplish that for a period of months. I'm now just going to post my explorations in paint and post them as 'Paintings OF the Day'. I thank you for your patience, and hope you will drop by from time to time to see what I've been doing.
Cheers,
Marianne

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Wouldn't miss it!

February 10, 2008 at 2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mare,

I am so glad to see some more art!! A lot of people can get over stressed by the whole "X" of the day/week/month thang, and at least you are wise enough to only post as it feels right and ready.

Good on you!

(snort) pointy rockets(((lol)))

Love always

Annie

February 18, 2008 at 5:34 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Annie!

Ya know, pointy rocket ships have always been a nostalgia thing for me. Must have been all of those old 50s movies that had them in, and my romantic notions of wanting to go into space in one. Star Wars blew all of that out of the water in later years, but it had its own bearing on my wanting to paint high adventure in space. :-D

This colour scheme seems nostalgic to some people, not sure why. But I have another idea for its use with a pointy rocket ship.

Love
Mari

February 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home