Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day 61

Tea Roses
(6x8", Oil) Price: $110.00

Okay, this is another 'ringer'. I've been working on a larger work that doesn't seem to be reaching it's potential, and I've been feeling guilty that I haven't posted anything for awhile. So here is a little painting I did last year. It was the original version of all that I wanted to do for this blog: painted wet into wet (alla prima) in a single session. I was always kind of proud of this one.
So, until next time,
Marianne

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ring in or no, it's still very beautiful, and I'm glad we get to see it!

I'm getting some roses to put in soon, as it's winter over here. Thanks for reminding me of the beauty of roses other than red (my all time favs).

Love from Oz

July 1, 2007 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Annie,

I love roses too! Fave flower. I would like to paint more when there are less demands on my time. :-D

Love
Mari

July 2, 2007 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home