Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 52

Lunar Duet
(Moonflower and Lunar Moth)
(6x8", Oil) Price: $125.00

Okay, I've been a bit slack lately. I got sidetracked by a new author and had to write a long review of her body of work for my Muse du Jour blogsite. Go look if you like mysteries...

Anyway, it seems I'm graduating to more complicated compositions. The moonflower came from a friend's garden last year, whilst I already had a reference photo for the Lunar Moth. The moon figures large in my astrological sign, Cancer, so it seemed an appropriate theme. Besides, the colour schemes complimented each other nicely. And of course, I did enjoy smoodging the background again.

The palette conisted of: Cobalt Blue, Cadmium Lemon, Alizirin Crimson, Transparent Gold Ochre, and Titanium White.

Now all I have to figure out is what to paint next. The more complicated arrangements take about the same time to paint - give or take an hour - but the concentration it takes to actually paint them take a lot more energy and mental alertness. We'll see.

Cheers 'til then,
Marianne

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Belfiore said...

This time of year (up in Maine) we start to look for the luna moths, as they show up in late April or early May and don't hang around for very long. Looks like we have an early sighting, and its absolutely gorgeous. Very nice!

April 25, 2007 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Jim!

Thanks! :-D

I notice that your icon photo is from 'Jim Discovers Saturn'.

Johnna sent me some photos of a Luna Moth and a grasshoper that were too cool. I might see about painting another one - moth, that is. :-)

Cheers
Marianne

April 25, 2007 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Gorgeous colors and painting.

May 21, 2007 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Thanks, Sandy. And thanks for stopping by. :-D

Cheers
Marianne

May 21, 2007 at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home