Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, March 30, 2007

Day 48

Between Worlds
(6x8", Oil) Price: $100.00

Okay, it's another rocket...
I had this idea yesterday morning, and although it didn't turn out quite how I'd seen it in my mind, it isn't too laughable. The original glows in the light, but this image doesn't do it justice. Face it, no painting ever looks good in anything but its original canvas.
So, the nebula is reflected in the lake along with the space ship, and a tiny figure - NO it is not stick figure, he's in a space suit - stands on the firmness of a world, looking up at another world (the nebula), while both are reflected back into the water, which offers yet another world. I guess this could be considered a sketch for something larger. Hopefully, it doesn't look too goofy in this incarnation. It scratched an itch, anyway...
Palette was: Cobalt Blue, French Ultramarine, Permanent Rose, Titanium White, Burnt Sienna, and Cadmium Lemon.
Brushes: 1/2" Flat, Size 8 Round, and a Size 1 Round.
I'm not too confident about this one, so I think I'll get back to birds. There's this swan I want to paint...
See you tomorrow,
Marianne

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! WOnderful colours...

how do you keep coming up with ideas?

March 31, 2007 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Helena,

Thanks!

Inspiration strikes at odd times, and because of any amount of things seen, heard, thought, or experienced. It can take a second or a decade for some ideas to gel. :-D My husband happens to be working on retro rockets this week for a gallery in Seattle. That sat in the back of my mind for a week or two, before I had a few inspirational sparks of my own. If you want to see more of my fantasy work, etc. then drop by my website at www.marianneplumridge.com. For this blogsite, I'm kind of concentrating on regular things, like birds, still lifes, landscapes, flowers, etc. Time to brush up my oil painting skills. :-D

Thanks again for stopping by.
CHeers
Marianne

March 31, 2007 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home