Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, March 12, 2007

Day 39

Indigo Bunting
(4x5", Oil) Price: $85.00 SOLD
Yes, and Indigo Bunting is a bird. A songbird to be precise. However, I can't get past the fact that the name sounds like an 'old boy' from an Agatha Christie murder mystery.
This little chap was a joy to paint. He's in 'who's there?' mode, looking back over his wing/shoulder. I like birds, and I've found that I rather like painting them as well. Lots of smoodging in painting the feathers, and lots of happy accidental smoodging in the background. I've been having fun creating 'edges' with the edge of the brush - soft or hard - instead of lines. Building up splashes of colour in form rather than painting an outline first. It takes some getting used to, but I find it's rather liberating.

The palette was changed just a little for this painting: Cobalt Blue, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, Transparent Gold Ochre, and Cadmium Yellow Light.

See you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home