Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Day 35

Wave Study 1
(4x5", Oil) Price: $65.00 Framed!!

Well, I'm finallly back into painting mode again! I was completely exhausted after getting back from Dallas last week and found it difficult to paint at all, what with business stuff to do, 'n' all. I tried to start a woolly mammoth painting last Thursday - but after the fifth scrub back to canvas, I decided to give up for the time being. However, I began some harmless wave studies, the first of which you see above. Over the next few days, I'll be posting more waves, a fantasy moon/wave thingy, and a bird or two.


The palette for this one was: Pthalo Blue, Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow Light, a bit of Ultramarine Blue and a tiny skerrick of Burnt Sienna to deepen the darks. Brushes were: 1/2 inch Flat, a Size 4 Filbert, and a Size 1 Round.


Although it's a bit sketchy, and really brushy, I think I got the point across in this being a wave. I really enjoyed painting it too.


However, see you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home