Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 33

Tiny Pansies
(3x3", Oil) Price: SOLD

After the gargantuan personal effort of painting the Woolly Mammoth yesterday, I wanted to paint something a little smaller and easier. So, I painted a very small work of pansies. I took the photos again in Nick's garden last Fall, and have waited this long to paint them. I love the colours!

The palette consisted of: Burnt Sienna, French Ultramarine, Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow Hue, Cobalt Violet, and Permanent Rose. Small brushes of course.

NOTE: Since I've been getting artwork and business things ready for a convention in Boston this coming weekend, I'll be taking a few days break from painting. After that, we have to fly to Dallas for another guest appearance that my husband is making there at another convention. I always knew that business would get in the way some day, but it's only temporary. I hope you'll hang around and come back and visit the site, soon.

Cheers
Marianne

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delightful! Yes, I love the colors, too. When I buy pansies, those are the colors I tend to go for.

February 15, 2007 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Karen!

Yep, those colours are huge draw for me and my paint.

Thanks for stopping by.

Marianne

February 15, 2007 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home