Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Day 29

Sunny Spot
(4x6", Oil) Price: $55.00

This isn't quite a landscape per se, but one of those little quiet spots I like so much. I've been hanging onto the reference photo for this little painting for about eight or so years, telling myself 'one day I'll paint it'. Well, yesterday I did. Finally! It's a little brushy study of what it might become when it grows up into a big painting. The place itself exists (at least, I hope it still does) on a forest trail just up behind the Big Sur Lodge on the California Coast. The same place we stayed at for the painting of 'Muir Beach' from a few days ago.

The palette consisted of the usual suspects: French Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow Light, Transparent Gold Ochre, and a bit of Sap Green.

I'm so happy that this has turned out well. I've been carrying the photo around so long, and looking wistfully at it and saying 'one day'. I have even thought of painting a translucent white dragon coming out of the patch of sunlight on the ground, just for something otherwordly. Maybe I'll do that later in the year. Meanwhile, I'd better get back to painting.

More tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home