Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, January 29, 2007

Day 22

Madame K
(After John Singer Sargent's 'Madame X')
(9x16", Oil) Price: $200.00

Okay, so I painted this yesterday in a mad panic that I wouldn't make the deadline at Spring Bull Gallery in Newport, RI today. Spring Bull holds an annual show each February called "Fabulous Fakes and Forgeries" where the artists paint or sculpt a copy of a famous work, or a parody of one. The choice is up to the artist. I've been planning this one since last year, but time got away on me - I thought I had another week! So, sketched up on Saturday night and painted yesterday. Used probably too much turps in with the medium, but I baked the finished product under two hundred watt lamps, and it was dry this morning when I went to spray retouch varnish on it. Sigh. Framed it and ran it over to Newport. Bob drove. He'd happily finished a nice little homage to one of his own heroes, Albert Bierstadt, yesterday too.


Why was I panicking? Well, last year, people were ringing up from all over the country to get into this show well after the midweek deadline and the show had filled up to capacity. I just squeezed in to that one too - and won a prize to boot. Best Humorous! Yes, I painted a Koala then too. To see that one, go to my Muse du Jour blog (link at left) and go to the New Years day entry. :-D


Meanwhile, I'd better go find something simple to paint this afternoon.
See you tomorrow!
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home