Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Day 17

Old Fashioned Roses
(5x7", Oil) Price: $75.00

Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for paint to dry...
More roses! I haven't been able to identify these yet, but they looked so pretty climbing up someone's fence, I had to take a photo in passing. They look old-fashioned, because of the multitude of petals and full blooms. Reminds me of Victorian ruffles. However, my knowledge of flowers is patchy at best, so they really could be modern hybrids. But I like my romantic notion better...
Anyway, it was painted with another huge interruption in the middle: we had some friends over and held a model shoot/photography get together - with sushi! Got some nice reference photos for future use, and my husband is now happy that he has a references for a personal work he wants to paint. However, I finished the piece at midnight, and wasn't completely happy with it then. After a good sleep, it looked better in the morning light, I'm happy to say.
The palette was limited to: Burnt Sienna, French Ultramarine, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cadmium Red Deep, and Titanium White.
Must get back to the easel!
See you tomorrow,
Marianne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home