Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, January 12, 2007

Day 8

Bright Spot
(6x8", Oil) Price: $100.00
We were in Silverton Falls in Oregon just over a year ago, on a much needed weeks vacation. During our travels, we spent several hours exploring the natural crater that contains various waterfalls, rainforest types of vegetation and a visual feast for the senses. I took many photographs, one of which was this spotlit branch high up in a tree. It gives a beautiful sense of serenity when you look at it, so naturally I had to have a go at painting it. The result is this rather impressionistic little daub. I had so much fun painting the background vegetation 'wet into wet' and 'smoodging' happy accidents. One day I might go back and paint a bigger, much tighter version to satisfy the perfectionist in my soul, but at the moment, I am content.

My palette consisted of the usual suspects: Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White, Transparent Gold Ochre, and Cadmium Yellow Light. I was forced to add the tiniest touch of Alizirin Crimson to the array because the tiny pink flower bud needed it.

Hope you like it!
See you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home