Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day 11

Opening Rose Bud
(5x7", Oil) Price: $100.00
Another late night painting! I'm going to have to do something about that time-frame.

Okay, another rose, and rather an awkward angle to paint it from, so it was a bit of a challenge. The bud itself is drooping, and I took the photo looking up into it. Another 'gem' from our friend Nick's garden, and first cousin to the rose in the painting from Day 3 - Ailing Rose. The bud is just starting to unfurl its petals, beginning with those closest to the sun. The petals had a wonderful glow about them, so I tried hard to capture that. I removed the bits of sky that were in the original photo and continued the dark foiliage up into the top of the painting. It makes the rosebud 'pop' much more: because the sky was a distraction, what with all of the little puffy clouds, that would have competed with the focus of the picture - the rosebud. The background was painted wet into wet, with lots of lovely smoodges.

I'm currently sticking with the palette you've become familiar with since I started posting, this time containing Cadmium Red Dark in the array.

Doing this everyday it gruelling stuff! Hope you don't get sick of toys. Tomorrow is a tin-toy robot...

See you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home