Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Day 9

Two Rose Study
(5x7", Oil) Price: $100.00
Here are some more roses...

I felt a bit ambivalent about this when I was painting it, but it seems to be growing on me. No pun intended. I took a series of photographs of some flower still-life arrangements at home about 18 months ago - playing with different colour backcloths and rose colours. This combination really didn't appeal to me until I had to translate it into paint. Funny that. You never really look at something until you have to transcribe its features and elements into paint or sculpture. In being forced to look deeper into something, you gain a whole new appreciation for it.

The palette consisted of the same colours as Day 8 - Bright Spot, except that instead of using Alizirin Crimson as the red, I used Cadmium Red Deep.

Anyway, it's late.
See you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home