Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 10

Toy Sabertooth Tiger
(6x8", Oil) Price: $100.00

I'd been fighting to find painting time the day I painted this. I also was feeling a bit disgruntled about having to go out the same evening. So between things, I grabbed yet another toy - this time from one of Bob's paleontology shelves - and feeling a bit under duress, I set to. It's not quite how I expected it to turn out, but in gaining some distance from the day I painted it and the residual emotions, I find it isn't too bad an effort. This image is a little dark, and there is a bit too much red in the shadows, but it's close to the painted result.

The palette is the same as for Day 8 - Bright Spot. I hope you're enjoying this variation on a theme regarding palette choices - or lack thereof.

The weather is playing havoc with the drying times of the oil paint, so I hope you don't mind the odd delay in posting.

See you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home