Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Day 16

Unicorn Head Study
(5x5", Oil) Price: $65.00 Framed!! SOLD

Last in the current horse theme...

Here is an idealized version of the head of the same toy horse used in the last two days paintings. Only this time, I reveresed it, so we're looking at the other side of the head, and in profile. I added the horn to turn the horse into a unicorn, enlarged the eye slightly, and smoothed the features. The hair in the mane is probably more than what's really there, as well. More fanciful.

I painted on gessoed panel this time, tinted with a blend of Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, and Cadmium Red Light. It shows through a bit, in the horse neck and background. I used a restricted palette again: French Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, and Cadmium Yellow Light.

I might do some more horse paintings, but not right now. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

See you then,
Marianne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home