Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day 12

Tin Toy Robot
(6x8", Oil) Price: $110.00 Framed. SOLD

Yes, it's another toy! I'm surrounded by new and vintage toys, thanks to my husband who is an avid collector. There are also many dinosaur figurines and toys as well. Ditto for dragons...so I hope you don't get sick of them any time soon.

I've been eyeing off this little tin toy robot for some time. Wistfully thinking of the personal works of fellow artist Eric Joyner, I've always wanted to paint one. Eric is a wonderful illustrator, but his personal works involving tin toy robots, spacemen and spaceships, giant attacking donuts, and recently, giant Japanese monster toys are terrifically funny and endearing. You can see more of his work at www.ericjoyner.com. In the meantime, you can view my paltry effort. Sorry about the reflection on the canvas - it was still wet and hard to handle when taking the photo.

It was interesting to paint, I'll give it that. Lots of reflections, reflected colour, and straight lines. Straight lines are a bugger to paint with a big brush, so I used a couple of little ones as well: size 6 filbert and size 2 small synthetic Flat. Palette contained the usual suspects, but with two Cadmium Reds - Dark and Light.

On to the next one!
See you tomorrow,
Marianne

2 Comments:

Blogger TinmanSF said...

Nice painting, Marianne:) That little guy likes modeling for me too...No questions asked!
I like your brushstrokes:)

Eric

January 17, 2007 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Eric!

Thanks for stopping by! And thank you for the nice compliment. All pats on the head are welcome. :-)

He's a cute robot. Thanks to all of your wonderful paintings, Bob's considered buying some more tin toys, not to mention wanting to paint some more 'sense of wonder' stuff.

Your paintings make us feel good!

Cheers
Marianne

January 17, 2007 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home