Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, January 19, 2007

Day 14

Horse Head Study
(4x5", Oil) Price: $65.00 SOLD
I've been gearing myself up to complete some unfinished paintings lurking around the studio. One of them is a 'wave runner' piece containing three white horses as the white caps on ocean waves. It's not that complicated, but I got interrupted by 'business and life stuff' after I started it last year, and it has sat staring at me since then. Well, we're attending a local Science Fiction and Fantasy convention in Boston in February, and I realised that I have very few pieces to put in the art show. So, I'm herding my artistic ducks into a row and getting some pieces together for it. In preparation, I thought that painting a few test horse heads might be a good thing. This is the first study I did, using a toy white horse by the same German company that made the Clydesdale toy horse in Day 6. Palette consisted of the usual suspects.

In the next few days, I'll be doing more fantastical variation studies using the same toy horse in different positions. After all, extrapolation and interpretation are what we artists thrive on. I don't like slavish copying of anything.

See you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home