Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Day 13

Flamingo 59
(5x7", Oil) Price: $100.00 SOLD
Meet 'Flamingo 59'. He, or she as the case may be, lives at the zoo at Waikiki in Hawaii with lots of other flamingoes. I've called him Flamingo 59 because that is the number on his leg tag, and he posed rather prettily for several photos that I took the day we visited. So beware of at least another flamingo painting or so, down the track.

I'd been finishing up another painting that's been lurking on my easel since late last year, entitled 'Cosmic Greenman'. So I used the left over paint on the palette to paint this chap. It's a bit of a mix of the different blues, greens, sienna, and of course two reds as well as the usual Titanium white. Again, it was a lot of fun smoodging the background water and noodling 'almost reflections'.

You can see the 'Cosmic Greenman' painting on my other blog 'Muse du Jour'. The link for that is in the side bar of this page.

Hope you like this one,
See you tomorrow,
Marianne

2 Comments:

Blogger Delphine R2M said...

It's a very beautiful pink flamingo, "flamant rose"! I love these colours!

January 21, 2007 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Thank you Delphine. It's nice of you to stop by. I have some more reference photos of No. 59 and friends, and I do love flamingoes - so somewhere in the future, I'll paint some more. Painting this one was really relaxing.

Cheers
Marianne

January 21, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home