Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Day 20

Sea Stack
(6x8", Oil) Price: $ 80.00


These rock stacks appear off the southern coast of Australia, round the corner and up the coast road a 'bit' from a place called Geelong in Victoria, Australia. This is one of the 'Twelve Apostles' ('cause there were originally 12), but is now just referred to as 'The Apostles'. Some of them have collapsed into the sea. My Grandmother loved these rock formations. Anyway, in looking for something 'simple' to paint late night, I ended up pulling out a photo from when we visited some years ago. I don't paint landscapes very well: something about rocks and trees as a whole - or group - have difficulty when I'm trying to paint them. Fortunately, I got to noodle water in this one, so it doesn't look to bad. I think I have a 'landscape gene' missing from my make up - Bob's probably got it, since he's a masterclass landscape artist.

Anyway, I had to change out my usual French Ultramarine for this painting, because it just wasn't going to cut it for the sky. Yes, Aussie skies are really that Cobalt! So that's what I used - and added Permanent Green Light to help with the water. This was painted with one brush only: a Size 10 Filbert. I wanted to see if the big brush strokes would allow me to loosen the style a bit.

So this is my token landscape, er, seascape.
More tomorrow,
Marianne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home