Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day 24

Shell and Grapes
(6x8", Oil) Price: $100.00

Here is a more formal setting that I thought was kind of pretty. I found the shell whilst rummaging around in my box of shells, and I found the fake plastic grapes at Michaels Craft store over the weekend. I did say that I liked to paint small, didn't I? Well, both the shell and the spray of grapes are approximately only three inches in length each. They looked so cute together, and the colours so luscious. So inviting to paint... There really is 'something' about arranging the backcloth 'just so', and then placing the objects. Cool.
I used a canvas board tinted with what has become my 'de rigeuer' colour: Burnt Sienna blended with Titanium White and either Tranparent Gold Ochre or a little Cadmium Yellow Light. The palette consisted of: French Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Sap Green, Alizirin Crimson, Cadmium Yellow Light, and Transparent Gold Ochre.


I really enjoyed painting this - a really formal still life 'set up'. Therefore, more than one item to paint. I should try a few more of these.

Meanwhile, see you tomorrow,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home