Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Day 34

Kelp Wraith
(8x10", Oil) Price: $250.00

Okay, we're back from Dallas...so, back to work.

This painting is a 'ringer' as we call it back home in Australia. A painting I did some time ago. I'm posting it until new ones dry enough to be photographed.

Anyway, my usual marine art is much tighter in style than this painting. It was originally an experiment along the lines of what I'm painting for Daub du Jour now, only with thinner paint. The Kelp Wraith line of experimental painting didn't get very far back then, as it is now. I wouldn't mind trying the same image but with thicker paint and a more brushier look to it. More mysterious, perhaps - invoking some artists from the 1930s and 1940s. I'll let you know.

Meantime, I sold my Snowy Mammoth painting from Day 32! I want to paint another one but in a different context, before I move on to other inspirations. So check back and see...

Gotta go do something creative.
See you tomorrow
Marianne

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Kidd said...

It may be an old one but I still like it. I agree that it's worth trying again with a brushier approach. Making the water a little murkier would certainly make it more mysterious. The mermaid's flowing hair is perfect.

March 7, 2007 at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home