Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Day 42

White Peacock
(4x6", Oil) Price: $100.00 SOLD


I took reference photos of this beautiful white peacock nearly ten years ago when I was showing my soon to be husband around the local sights in Australia. However, I'm not sure if this bird and its stunning mate of regular colours were strutting around the Ettamogah Wildlife Sanctuary on the New South Wales border, or a similar place in Sydney. I fell in love with the bird's uniqueness of colouring and the way the sunlit surrounding colours bounced off the white feathers.

I took this photo of the painting in the studio, so it's not the greatest. I'll retake it in sunlight when next the sun decides to put in an appearance. It's grey and overcast outside at the moment. The painting and photos make me feel warm when I look at them - reminding me that at this time of year, the incredible heat of an Australian summer is fading fast.

The palette consisted of: French Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow Hue, and Alizirin Crimson. Canvas board, gessoed with an extra coat, sanded back and pretinted with the usual burnt sienna mix, and allowed to dry before painting. Brushes: Size 4 Filbert, 1/2" Flat, and a Size 8 Round.

See you tomorrow,
Marianne

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Kidd said...

I'm loving all your birds: the Black Capped Chickadee, the Indigo Bunting and the Baby Lily Trotter but the White Peacock is your crowning achievement. Congratulations on an exquisite painting!

March 22, 2007 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Tom,

Thanks so much for your kind compliments. :-D

I'm having fun painting them. Nick seems to think they're my niche in the art world.

Thanks for stopping by. You're one of my few visitors. :-)

Marianne

March 22, 2007 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home