Daub du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. More of which can be seen at my website, 'MariannePlumridgeart.com', and also my Writing Blog, 'Muse du Jour'. These sites are in the links section of this page. This site began life as a painting a day blog in 2007. However that project has now passed, but I still find myself painting in that way. So this site will now be the showcase my new paintings as inspired by those previous efforts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Rover....again!



Making Friends
(8x8", Oil on Stretched Canvas, Framed)
Price: $350.00    SOLD


This little painting wasn't planned at all. I thought that I might use up some more of my little 6x6" stretched linens by painting more 'Rover Snapshots' for Illuxcon next week. I pulled out my photos of Rover and my sketchbook with some new bird sketches that I'd done in previous months. What resulted was a drawing more complicated than I was anticipating. So I hauled out a larger canvas and made it a more involved painting. The result is kind of cute. Rover just LOVES making friends...and is very cute in doing so. The Blue Jay is kind of ignoring him right at first...

This is the drawing... Who can resist that puppy enthusiasm expression?

Here is a shot of my brand new floor easel sporting the painting and all of my references. To the right is Rover himself peeking around the edge.

I had everything set up ready to begin laying paint when I couldn't find my tube of Cadmium Red Light - Rover's true colour. Found it in the end, after a near heart attack with looking for it. Got my usual palette together: Burnt Sienna, French Ultramarine, Sap Green, Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Yellow Hue, and Titanium White. Remember? I mix my range of blacks with the Sienna and Ultramarine...and it still serves me well.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by again...
Cheers,
Marianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home